Wednesday, July 7, 2010

An afternoon at the Spa

Being a full time mom is the hardest and most tiring job I have ever had.  I don't think people have the words to describe how much work and energy is involved.  For my birthday, my husband gave me an afternoon at a spa and this past Saturday I finally got to go.  It was kind of hard finding an American-like spa in our part of Germany.  There seems to be a lot of Thai massage places but not many places that also offer facials.  I finally decided to try the Unique Spa & Health Club at the Marriott in HD.  They had an English menu so I was easily able to decide what treatments I wanted.  I decided to get the Complete Harmony Treatment which included a full facial and full body massage.  The facial consisted of special products from France and the massage was just plain relaxing.  The lady who assisted me did a fantastic job.  She's still learning English but was able to communicate with me just fine.  One thing I really appreciated was she washed her hands often.  Before she even started she said, "first I'm going to wash my hands."  If you've ever been in Germany, washing your hands is a pretty big thing to do, considering most of the people working in the bakeries, for instance, do not wash their hands or wear gloves when giving out baked goods and exchanging money.  

My husband asked me if I wanted to do this once a month.  Are you joking?! Of course!  He and our son had a wonderful time hanging out as well.  I had a relaxing time at the spa.  I give the Unique Spa 5 stars.  It was a great experience and worth the time and money if you like this sort of thing.

Of course sometimes it's impossible to get out of the house and visit a spa.  When that's the case it's nice to have some items for a home spa.  There are several great books to help you have a spa experience at home.  Here are a few books worth checking out:  Thai Spa Book: The Natural Asian Way to Health and Beauty; Secrets of the Spas: Pamper and Vitalize Yourself at Home; The Herbal Home Spa: Naturally Refreshing Wraps, Rubs, Lotions, Masks, Oils, and Scrubs (Herbal Body); Organic Body Care Recipes: 175 Homemade Herbal Formulas for Glowing Skin & a Vibrant Self; and The Book of Massage: The Complete Stepbystep Guide to Eastern and Western Technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...