Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Meet the Teacher!

He wasn't interested in having his picture taken
We decided to send Blue Rock to preschool.  It was a tough decision but I think it will be a nice break for both of us.  I've been homeschooling him since he was born and will probably continue in elementary school.  However, since returning back to the States and because we do not have anymore children at the moment, I feel like he'll enjoy the social aspects of preschool.  He'll get to play with kids and I'll be able to get a few things done at our new house that I have not been able to do having a 2 now 3 year old around.  It can be tough having an only child, there are many days I wish I had more than one so someone could tattle on the other rather than me discovering the messes made, and have someone besides me to play with.  But it's all in God's timing.

On our picnic at the park
Today was Meet the Teacher at his school.  Ms. Susan is his teacher and was really nice.  She has a Bachelor's degree in teaching and a Master's degree in early childhood.  She has four grown children, a single and set of triplets!  Is she prepared or what?!  

We decided to send him to the accredited Christian preschool at our church.  It's less than 10 minutes from our house and he is familiar with the building, classrooms, and some of the kids.  There are only eight kids in his class and I love everything that they'll be learning.  Blue Rock loved exploring his new classroom today and meeting his teacher and some of the other kids.  Afterwards we went on a picnic before shopping for a lunch box, sneakers, and a few new clothes.  Here's hoping his first day goes really well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...