|GF Oatmeal Cookies|
It seems like when the temperature drops I want to stay in my kitchen and bake. I'm on my way to no longer eating gluten. Therefore, I've been trying to find good recipes that are gluten free. I adapted this recipe from the back of the Trader Joe's gluten free oats. It makes about 4 dozen cookies, so there is plenty to share!
Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies
1/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1¼ teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup peanut butter
3 cups rolled oats, I used 2 cups (because that's all I had) and they still turned out great (gluten free)
6 oz chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans, like the original recipe calls for)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars in the bowl until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Mix. Add peanut butter and mix.
- Add the oats, chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix slowly until combined.
- Scoop about a teaspoon of dough onto a greased or parchment-covered cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly brown at edges. Remove and let cool on wire rack.
My husband and son loved these cookies! Nobody would ever second guess they were gluten free.