Monday, November 12, 2012

My New Mixer!

I bought my first awesome stand mixer!  Well, my husband bought it for me for an early Christmas present! Like I said in a previous post, I had a cheap stand mixer in Germany but it was not very good.  I know it would never have been able to mix dough, for example.  After lots and lots of research I decided to buy the Breville Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer.  This was a difficult choice.  I had always thought I would eventually buy a KitchenAid Mixer.  However, after looking at them both, reading lots of reviews, and plugging them both in at the store and comparing them side-by-side, I decided I liked the Breville better.  It was quite a bit quieter than the KitchenAids, had a higher watt motor than the KitchenAid Artizan and only slightly less than the Professional, and the speed dial was easier to use.  It also has a timer and you can set it to a certain time and it will automatically turn off.  I love that!  Especially since I have a busy boy running around and can easily lose track of time.  Both mixers were the same price so it boiled down to what I thought I would enjoy using the most.  I also liked the fact that the controls tells you what speed to set for different things.  Again, it was a tough decision as both mixers are great.  The only thing my Breville won't do that a KA will is I can't attach things to it like a meat grinder.  However, the primary purpose of my mixer is for baking and using it as a mixer.  The makers of it say it was designed by bakers for bakers.  It's a solid mixing machine!

I bought my Breville Stand Mixer from Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $299.99.  However, I had a 20% coupon so it brought my total before tax to about $240.  So for a little over $260 (after tax), I have an amazing mixer.  Here's a video of my unboxing.




1 comment:

  1. This was very helpful. My KitchenAid stopped working and I'm in the market for a new one. I'm going to look into buying one of these.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...