Thursday, September 2, 2010

In Texas

I am now home in Texas on vacation.  We flew in last Friday because my sister is getting married and my husband has training.  I probably won't be blogging as much while I'm in the States but I will try.

The plane ride with a toddler went pretty good.  My son did great.  I, on the other hand, not so good.  I got sick and threw up about 30 seconds before we landed.  I got a horrible headache that turned into a migraine which caused me to get nauseous.  I had never thrown up on an airplane before and hope I never do again.  Thankfully we were close to landing.

I also caught a virus probably on the plane and my allergies started acting up.  I went to a walk-in clinic on Tuesday and got some medicine because nobody would see me.  I should have just gone to a regular doctor as a non-insured person.  It would have been a lot cheaper.  I paid $175 to go to a walk-in clinic, that's crazy!  In Germany my local doctor is just 35 Euros (~$45) and he usually gives me free medicine.  We pay a lot for our insurance so we can go anywhere in the world but apparently it's anywhere but the States.  All the in-network providers in the area would not accept new patients or one-time patients.  Anyway, I'm finally starting to feel better.  So that's a blessing. 

Some good news is I found out I won a Fracture picture frame.  Once I decide on a picture and receive it I'll write a blog post about the product and let you know what I think.

I need to go.  I have a lot to do today but wanted to write a quick update. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...