Monday, October 29, 2012

Primal Pumpkin Almond Butter Brownies

Pumpkin Almond Butter Brownies
These are really good!  I got this recipe from This Primal Life. I made these for a Halloween party and when Blue Rock asked for dessert I gave him one of these brownies. They are really prefect for any party and are a nice healthier alternative to some of the real sugary desserts.  They are also gluten free! 

Primal Pumpkin Almond Butter Brownies

 
Ingredients:
1 cup almond butter
¾ cup mashed pumpkin or other squash, canned or steamed
1 egg
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp baking soda
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Pour into a greased 8 x 8 in pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Serves 8. You can add chocolate if you want. I did to the top of half the batch and those were even better! The consistency was really good. If you want to use less honey I read you can use as little as 2 Tbs. I just estimated 1/3 cup and poured it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...